Saturday, May 12, 2012

Beer Trading


Beer Trading
Manzanita Brewing's Gillespie Brown
So, I ran across an article on Beer Trading.
Apparently, there’s a subculture wherein beer enthusiasts trade rare and/ or limited edition beers. A brewery may put out a particular series of beers, for example, a Christmas batch, along with their usual run of products. This may happen annually or once in a lifetime. This, of course, creates a demand, similar to trading baseball cards, Yu Gi Oh, or even Pokémon cards.
Cool!
I ran across some unique names for these products, too. That was classic. I think some of the reasons some people trade is not only the taste, but the actual names of the beers.
Forums and sites exist where this happens online. Doing a little research, I saw this for myself.
Wow!
At first, I was going to put up a blog telling you readers how I’d love to be involved. I was going to put in requests, and fill requests, but screw that. Sending beers through the mail is illegal! I didn’t know that. Good thing, I kept reading the article.  From what I read, though, there’s ways around this. I, of course, will NOT going into how. Do your own research!
I’m going to continue looking into this trade, though, because I find it intriguing. If nothing else, I’m going to stay up on the latest rare beers  and limited editions I find.

Feel free to comment. I’d like to know your thoughts.

No comments: