Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Beer Bloggin'

Me: Getting my Buzz On
As a kid, My Daddy let me taste his Budweiser.Even though, then, I thought I drank some of my own piss, but I was a man ( I thought, at least ).Since then, I've acquired a taste for beer while traveling on a tall ship for the summer.That same summer I discovered 40 and 64 ounce malt liquor.as well as, the meaning of getting "faced".
Since moving to San Diego area of California, I've discovered there's a bigger world in beer than 40 oz's, The Green Monster 64, Buds and Heiney's.There's a culture.There's an ever bigger culture in homebrewing.Not to mention some have made it to the big leagues, Stone Brewing Company's Arrogant Bastard Ale, for example.
I did some volunteer work for Stone's anniversary in 2011 and actually met local Brewers posted up with their various "Craft Beers".That was my turning point, right there.
I wanted to brew my own beer.
So, this past January 21st, I bought a Mr Beer Kit and well under way with my brewing.I'm in the process of brewing a West Coast Pale Ale.I've bottled 4 beers, January 28th that I had fermenting for 7 days.On February 4, the day before the Super Bowl, I'll be bottling a batch I  had brewing for 14 days, as well as, I'll be opening a bottle or two from the 7 day batch.I brewed this way by design.
Since I've been on this journey more opportunities have presented themselves.I celebrate my 39th birthday February 1st and there are some local brewers launching a beer that day at a local pub!! Secondly, the local brewers association is throwing a Super Bowl party at a local pub!!!Talk about The Law of attraction....

Check Out The Mr Beer Kit Here...
Stay Tuned...
Yoohoooo

No comments: