Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Belgium Brewing Fat Tire Amber Ale

Howdy!

I'm still in the process of getting a reliable camera. Please bear with me.

This week I decided to review New Belgium Brewing Fat Tire Amber Ale.

The first time I ever heard of this beer was at a pizza joint out here called Killer Pizza From Mars. They not only have "killer" pizza that's outta this world, but they serve craft beers, as well. I was with a buddy of mine and he ordered it. I wasn't into craft beers yet, so, I know for a fact I was guzzling a Heineken.

Fast forward a few years and here we are. I'm tasting and reviewing it.

 I like this beer (there's really NOT that many I don't like)!This one has a nice, light, smooth taste. Not really bitter, just goes down smoothly. No "beer face" for me ( although, that's why I usually record myself, so, you can see my reaction to the tastes)!

It has a light orange brown coloring to it..Like so..

New Belgium Brewing Fat Tire Amber Ale picture
Yummy-ness!
What amazed me was the consistent bubbling that was going on THE ENTIRE TIME it was sitting in my glass.I don't know why this was so amazing, but it was to me.

It definitely captures that Belgium-esque taste.Didn't have that "bologna" smell, though. which is okay with me. I can see pairing this with some kielbasa, or maybe even some smoked sausage, with some sauerkraut.I'm getting hungry as I type this sentence.

Gave me a nice comfortable buzz with the one bottle.A "plus" for me.Spirits MUST have "spirit" to it, as far as I'm concerned.

My suggestion: Light up the grill and put some bratwurst, kielbasa, smoke sausage on the grill and crack one of these while you burn.Finish burning and crack another one while eating your grilled fare.Highly recommended!

Until next time... Cheers!

No comments: